XV Cochrane Colloquium

XV Cochrane Colloquium

  • São Paulo Photo Gallery
  • Foto01
  • Foto02
  • Foto03
  • Foto04
  • Foto05
  • Foto06
  • Foto07
  • Foto08


General Information


Please check with the Brazilian diplomatic office closest to you whether you need a visa to enter Brazil. It is advisable to find this out well in advance, because the process of applying for a visa may take longer than expected. The request for a visa to enter Brazil can be made at any Brazilian Consulate overseas. The fee will vary according to the type of visa being requested, and the amount of time the tourist will remain in the country. It is important to remember that one's passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period for which a visa is required. The addresses of the Brazilian Embassy and Consulate are available from the Ministry of External Relations: www.mre.gov.br/ingles/index.htm

The huge territorial expanse, allied with factors such as temperature, altitude, barometric pressure and proximity to the ocean, provide the country with climatic conditions to please all tastes. It is one of the richest and most complex ecosystems in the world, with extremely diversified vegetation and scenery. The Brazilian territory is divided into climatic strips: 92% of the territory is located between the Equator and the Tropic of Capricorn. The Brazilian climate is predominantly tropical, with equatorial and subtropical (temperate zones) strips distributed over the remaining 8% of the nation’s territory. The predominance of lower altitudes throughout the country provides more elevated temperatures, with averages exceeding 20°C. The seasons are the exact opposite of those in Europe and the United States, except in the northern region of the country. The average annual temperature is approximately 28ºC in the northern region and 20ºC in the south. Extreme temperatures are rare, but they can occur: in the winter, some cities in the south of the country experience negative temperatures, with frost and snow. And in Rio de Janeiro, in the peak of summer, the temperature may hit 40ºC. Now that you know about our climate, choose the temperature you find most pleasant and come and fall in love with the beauty of Brazil. To check the temperature please refer to the site http://www.braziltour.com/site/en/clima/materia.php


The currency used in Brazil is called Real (R$). To check the exchange rate please refer to the site http://www.braziltour.com/site/en/moeda/materia.php

Portuguese is the official language of Brazil. However, most healthcare professionals and people in the tourism sector speak English.

It is strongly recommended that participants take out adequate medical, travel and personal insurance before they travel. In the event of industrial disruption or other unforeseen circumstances, the Conference Organisers accept no responsibility for any financial losses incurred by participants.